Friday, March 30, 2007

I hate Democrats too

When the Democrats swept into power on a wave of public disgust with the corruption in Congress in November, I was excited to see that there would be real change to the way politics are conducted. My friend Reno was skeptical, and said that the Democrats would resort to the same tricks that the Republicans pulled, that nothing would really change.

"No," I told him, "they're not idiots. They're going to see the exit polls and conclude that corruption was the number one issue that brought voters out to the polls. They have to know that they're in there to clean up the system. Look at the proposals in the 100-hours plan. Things are going to change".

Well, it turns out he was right. Their idea of an end to corruption is to take an emergency spending bill for the war in Iraq, and load it to the fucking hilt with unrelated pork projects in order to bribe enough votes to include a time table to withdraw from the war in '08.

I have a message for the Democrats in Congress:

Listen to me carefully you stupid, stupid, fucking assholes. You did not win the election because anybody believes that you have a vision for what should be done with this country. You did not win this election because America believes in your tax policies, your views on gay marriage, your universal health care, or your plan to get us out of Iraq. The one and only fucking reason you won is that the other party was so wholly fucking corrupt and power-mad and bent on entrenching themselves in power for all of eternity that any other alternative was acceptable. If you fucking incompetent dick-licking ninnies can't get that through your thick fucking heads you don't deserve to be in power for anything beyond the next 2 years, because that's exactly how long you're going to have it when we kick your ass out in '08. You're there to clean up the system, not to play the same stupid fucking game that the two of you have been playing for years, in which the only people to lose are the average Americans.

Don't get me wrong; I hate the other team even more. The Justice department scandal makes me deeply ashamed of this administration. It disgusts me that they can deny that they politicized the Justice department in the same breath that they assert their right to do so, all while attempting to hide behind executive privilege. Too bad the people don't believe them.

I'm starting to believe that nothing short of a grassroots revolution or a meteor from space smashing into Capitol Hill is going to save us from the fucking power games of the Washington elite.

Fuck all of them.

5 comments:

Lance said...

Until recently I thought that there was a simple solution that will never come to be: term limits in congress.

Now I don't believe that would make a big difference either.

People wonder why voter turnout is so pitiful, and the answer is that everyone feels like their vote is useless. I wonder why. What is the answer?

Anonymous said...

I am, will always be, and couldnt not be, anonymous....I feel as though you need to have a coke and a smile Rabbert, as you and I both know we simply cannot expect a politician to be something other than shady and corrupt. Would you ask a baby not to poop? Would you ask the sun not to come up tomorrow? Could you possibly ask Link to ignore Gannon?

My point is this: In this world, we do as we do. Creatures of habit, we are this (says yoda). I would simply adore a change to sweep the nation (much like pollen on my car), but alas, it isnt to be.

Anonymous? He is I, and I am him...slim with the tilted brim, whats your name?

Anonymous said...

Told you so... :)

Anonymous said...

Is the rabbert dead? I'm yet to see a new post from the master of verbal sparring in many a moon. Alas, back to watching TV...

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous? He is I, and I am him...slim with the tilted brim, whats your name?"

Snoop doggy doooooooooog